We’ve chosen Not to DJ. Having a Sunday brunch wedding makes dancing less necessary, and a DJ just doesn’t seem worth the expense.
Instead, we’ve started putting together our Wedding Playlist. It is filled with songs we deem “wedding songs,” and a lot of them have special meaning behind them to us. A brief preview…
- “Falling Over You” by Rockapella — the song Dan sang the day he told me he loved me
- “This Love” by Maroon 5 — Dan surprised me on our first Valentine’s Day by bringing his a cappella group to my dorm to sing. He sang the solo for this song.
- “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” by Stevie Wonder — Dan pulled me on stage on my 20th birthday during the a cappella concert to sing this to me.
- “Falling for the First Time” by Barenaked Ladies — I took Dan to their concert for his 20th birthday.
- “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond–A UW-Madison football game tradition is for the entire student section to sing along to this song.
- “Try to Remember” by Jerry Orbach in “The Fantasticks”–Dan played El Gallo in the Fond du Lac community theatre a few years ago, and this was one of his character’s songs.
- “Chemistry” by Semisonic— We met in freshman chemistry class.
The selection on our playlist is quite varied, but I think it will still “flow” well.
And the song I’m walking down the aisle to? “Lucky” by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat…